Posted on June 11, 2020June 12, 2020 by PJ SlingerFormer churches with better missions Marcia Yeager sent us this photo of the former Calvary Baptist Church in Dover, Del., which is now home to AG-Industrial, an agriculture and construction equipment dealer. This photo was given to us by Kate Retzlaff. It shows a former German Baptist church, which was built in 1872 in Milwaukee. It is now Captain Pabst’s Pilot House, a Milwaukee brewery and taproom. Brewery tours attracted about 10,000 people last year. FFRF Member Gus Frederick sent us these photos of Angel’s Share Barrel House in Turner, Ore., a former church built in the 1890s. Gus writes: “Long vacant, it recently reopened with a bold new mission to serve this small Willamette Valley community southeast of Salem with excellent craft brews and ciders! Being a stop on the “Turner History Tour,” the deteriorating stained glass windows were replaced by local artists, with a community historical theme. ‘Angel’s Share’ refers to the small amount of brew that would naturally evaporate out of barrels as they sat and aged.” Joseph Harrington sent us this photo of St. Michael’s Church in Baltimore, which was built in 1857 to serve German Catholic immigrants: “Closed in 2011, it reopened in January 2020 as the Ministry of Brewing.” Dot Harrigan alerted us to this Dollar Tree retail store now housed in what used to be St. Catherine’s Church on Vine Street in Charlestown, Mass.