The 2021 season of FFRF’s lively TV show “Freethought Matters” debuts on Sept. 5 in 12 cities.
A “Best of” show begins the season with diverse highlights from previous seasons that you may have missed.
The following week (Sept. 12), FFRF hosts famed geneticist Richard Dawkins. Dawkins, the world’s most famous atheist and author of the blockbuster, The God Delusion, is interviewed about a range of topics, including his latest book, Books Do Furnish a Life: Reading and Writing Science. He talks about doing the last interview of Christopher Hitchens before his death, the evolving life of “memes,” a word he coined, anti-science U.S. attitudes and, yes, why God is a delusion.
Other new guests for the 2021-22 season include Candace R.M. Gorham, a former minister who is now a mental health counselor and author of the forthcoming book, On Death, Dying, and Disbelief, and is author of the earlier book, The Ebony Exodus Project: Why Some Black Women Are Walking Out on Religion and Others Should Too.
And Professor Jay Rosenstein, recipient of the Peabody Award for his fascinating documentary “The Lord Is Not On Trial Here Today,” about the dramatic challenge of religious indoctrination in the public schools taken by Vashti McCollum and her family in the late 1940s, resulting in a landmark ruling in her favor by the Supreme Court. The show will include clips from the riveting film.
For those who don’t get a chance to view it live on television, all episodes are available to watch on FFRF’s YouTube channel or through FFRF’s updated website at ffrf.org/news/freethought-matters. (You can find it under the “News” category and then under “Videos.”)
“Freethought Matters” airs Sundays in:
• Chicago, WPWR-CW (Ch. 50), 9 a.m.
• Denver, KWGN-CW (Ch. 2), 7 a.m.
• Houston, KUBE-IND (Ch. 57), 9 a.m.
• Los Angeles, KCOP-MY (Ch. 13), 8:30 a.m.
• Madison, Wis., WISC-TV (Ch. 3), 11 p.m.
• Minneapolis, KSTC-IND (Ch. 45), 9:30 a.m.
• New York City, WPIX-IND (Ch. 11), 8:30 a.m.
• Phoenix, KASW-CW (Ch. 61, or 6 or 1006 for HD), 8:30 a.m.
• Portland, Ore., KRCW-CW (Ch. 32), 9 a.m. Comcast channel 703 for High Def, or Channel 3.
• Sacramento, KQCA-MY (Ch. 58), 8:30 a.m.
• San Francisco, KICU-IND (Ch. 36), 10 a.m.
• Seattle, KONG-IND (Ch. 16 or Ch. 106 on Comcast), 8 a.m.
• Washington, D.C., WDCW-CW (Ch. 50), 8 a.m.
P.S. Please tune in or record according to the times given above regardless of what is listed in your TV guide (it may be listed simply as “paid programming” or even be misidentified). To set up an automatic weekly recording, try taping manually by time or channel. And spread the word to freethinking friends, family or colleagues about a TV show, finally, that is dedicated to providing programming for freethinkers!